Good Morning Everyone,
I invite you to start your time of worship this morning by reading Psalm 31:1-16 out loud.
Our Palm Sunday celebrations always have lots of music, so you can click or tap on the links to the some of the songs and hymns we had planned for worship this week.
- Hosanna (Praise is Rising)
- Holy Lord
- You Are My All in All
- All Glory, Laud and Honour #214 (Choir and Piano | Acoustic)
- Ride on in majesty #217
The Old Testament Reading is Isaiah 50:4-9
The Gospel Reading is Matthew 21:1-11
Here are the Family Time and Message videos for the day.
Family Time – “Palm Sunday”
Message – “Good News People (Part 6): Living the Good News”
If you want to dig a bit deeper into the themes from today’s message you can use the study guide. You can also order or download a copy of the The King Jesus Gospel by Scot McKnight at Amazon or Indigo.ca Today’s message draws on chapter 11 of Scot’s book. This finishes up the Good News People series and study of Scot McKnight’s The King Jesus Gospel. I hope it was helpful.
Our choir’s rendition of the African American spiritual ‘Ride on King Jesus’ has been a highlight of Palm Sunday the last few years. Until next year here is the Steve Bell version our choir uses.
- Ride on King Jesus (Steve Bell)
Holy Week Services
- Maundy Thursday – Livestreamed Communion Service at 7:00pm (be sure to have your bread and wine/juice ready). I’ll have the Livestream link out by email and here on the website by 6:45pm.
- Good Friday – Reading Service emailed at 10:00am (or paper mailed to people without email by Thursday)
If you would like a phone call in the coming week or need some assistance with getting groceries or other necessities, please write me an email or give me a call at the number below. If you would like your name, or the name of someone you care about included in our prayers (or simply prayed for by myself or the elders) please let me know that as well.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and always. Amen.