Good Morning Everyone,
This is the third Sunday in the season of Easter, and we continue our focus on the hope we have in Jesus’ resurrection.
Opening of Worship
I invite you to start your time of worship this morning by reading Psalm 116 out loud.
Hymns and Songs
Here’s a fun new version of the hymn by Matt Maher
- You can find the words to both hymns in the document below, but I would particularly encourage you to read the words to this last hymn. It’s a prayer based on the Gospel reading, asking for Jesus to be with us through difficult times. May it be a prayer for you today.
- Hymns – April 26, 2020
New Testament Reading – 1 Peter 1:10-21
Gospel Reading – Luke 24:13-35
Family Time – “How are you feeling?”
Message – “We Do Not Walk Alone”
Music for Reflection: “Weep With Me” – by Rend Collective
In our prayers we can bring to God everything that is on our hearts and minds. We can pray for:
- The ongoing pandemic – for those who are suffering most because of it, and all the frontline health care workers who are doing their best to bring it under control and to care for the sick.
- The people of Nova Scotia – for the family, friends and acquaintances of those who were killed, the community members who have been traumatized, and all the first responders who have been picking up the pieces.
- Worship Next Sunday May 3 will be through Zoom. We will be meeting at 10:30am. This will allow us to celebrate communion in our homes and will allow Roger Boyd from Men’s Street Ministry to join us for an update on his work with the homeless, and how those living on the street have been affected by the pandemic. Be sure to pick up some grape juice and bread when you do your shopping this week. You will get an email Sunday morning with the link to the meeting, and those without email will get a call with directions on how to connect by telephone.
- We will be holding another Zoom Gathering this Wednesday April 29 at 1:30pm. You will be sent an email link on Tuesday afternoon. If you would like some help connecting to the gathering you can join a 5 or 10 minutes early, and I’ll be available to call for assistance.
If you would like a phone call in the coming week or need some assistance with getting groceries or other necessities, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-648-6024. If you would like your name, or the name of someone you care about included in our prayers (or simply prayed for by myself or the elders) please let me know that as well.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and always. Amen.