Good Morning Everyone,
This is the 6th Sunday of Easter, leading into the Ascension of Jesus. And if you’re not on church time, it’s also the Victoria Day long weekend. I hope that you’ve been able to enjoy the beautiful weather we’ve had so far.
I invite you to start your time of worship this morning by reading Psalm 130 out loud.
Hymns and Songs
New Testament Reading – Acts 1:1-11
Gospel Reading – John 3:1-16
Family Time – “The Waiting Game”
Message – “Waiting on the Lord”
Music for Reflection
- “How Can I Keep from Singing” by Audrey Assad
In prayers we pray for God to strengthen us by his Spirit through this time of waiting, and pray for the following situations:
- All those who are ill with COVID-19 and their families
- Doctors, nurses and other health care workers as they serve in hospitals, public health and long-term care settings.
- Wisdom for all levels of government as they continue to lead through this challenging situation.
- For workers in essential services who must interact with the public.
- For all who are unemployed or facing financial stress because of COVID.
- For all who are feeling most isolated – for older seniors and those living in long-term care and retirement residences.
- For children, families and teachers doing their best to teach and learn at home.
- For all the members of our St. Andrew’s Church family.
- Next week we will continue through the book of Acts with worship by pre-recorded video at the usual time of 10:30am (and the message at 11:00am.
- Session and the Board of Managers are upgrading the internet at the church, and we are hoping to have the worship service live-streamed by the end of May or in early June. This will also allow us to take steps to make worship more accessible to those without an internet connection.
- Sunday June 7 will be a Home Communion service by Zoom at 10:30am. So, be sure to add grape juice and bread to your grocery list. We will also be having an special guest speaker joining us for worship. More details to come next week.
If you would like a phone call in the coming week or need some assistance with getting groceries or other necessities, please write me an email or give me a call at the number below. If you would like your name, or the name of someone you care about included in our prayers (or simply prayed for by myself or the elders) please let me know that as well.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and always. Amen.