Good Morning Everyone,
Welcome to worship on Sunday May 24. This is Ascension Sunday where we celebrate and reflect on the good news that the Jesus who lived as one of us, who suffered and died and was raised for us, reigns in heaven as this world’s true king.
I invite you to start your time of worship this morning by reading Psalm 93 out loud.
Hymns and Songs
New Testament Reading – Acts 1:12-17, 20-26
Gospel Reading – Luke 24:36-52
Family Time – “Captain to the Bridge”
Message – “Waiting & Living Within Limits”
Music for Reflection
“Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery” – by Matt Boswell, Matt Papa & Michael Bleecker
In our prayers we pray for God to show us how to live well, fruitfully, and safely within the limits of this time. As we do, we pray also for:
- For everyone to act with care and for the safety of others as Ontario takes the first steps towards reopening.
- All those who are ill with COVID-19 and their families.
- Doctors, nurses and other health care workers as they serve in hospitals, public health and long-term care settings.
- Wisdom for all levels of government as they continue to lead through this challenging situation.
- For workers in essential services who must interact with the public.
- For all who are unemployed or facing financial stress because of COVID.
- For all who are feeling most isolated – for older seniors and those living in long-term care and retirement residences.
- For children, families and teachers doing their best to teach and learn at home.
- For all the members of our St. Andrew’s Church family.
In our prayers we remember especially: Tom, Paul & Glenna Drinkeld, Chelsey Zylla, Mildred Johnson, Eric & Eleanor Pridmore, Deirdre Moore, Steve Potter, Bill & Donna Dobson, Paul and Veronica Watson, Janet Remias & Family, the Kim family, the Officer family and the Paterson family.
- Next week we will continue through the book of Acts as we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit to all who follow Jesus at Pentecost.
- Sunday June 7 will be a Home Communion service by Zoom at 10:30am. So, be sure to add grape juice and bread to your grocery list. We will also be having a Melanie Barlow from Ancaster Community Services as our mission speaker. We’ll learn more about how ACS is responding the needs created by COVID-19 and how we can help them in their service to our local community.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and always. Amen.