This Sunday June 6 begins the 2021 General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Canada as it meets online this year (until the end of the day on Wednesday June 9). Rev. John Read will be attending as a commissioner, as will Rev. Nancy Mostert of St. Paul’s Carluke and Knox Binbrook. To better allow them to carry out our role as commissioners, John and Nancy are alternating the Sundays before and after Assembly.
This week we encourage you to connect to:
- The service from Knox Binbrook which goes live at 11:00am Sunday morning here – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbBMApD5T-sZPwti_WFp2Kg
- Or the recorded service from St. Paul’s Carluke which will be available Sunday afternoon here – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9kxgmnyyp2mymEsCxg0xNg
Carluke and Binbrook in turn will be joining St. Andrew’s for worship next Sunday, June 13. Please pray for Rev. John, Rev. Nancy, the commissioners from the Presbytery of Hamilton and all who will be taking part in this online General Assembly. For more information on Assembly go to: https://presbyterian.ca/gao/ga2021/
Family Worship (available at 9:00am)
This week our theme is “Jesus Heals,” based on Luke 13:10-17. For more resources go here: https://standrews.ws/2021/06/05/family-worship-learning-june-6-2021/
- Going Deeper (Study Resources): Nancy will be giving some reflections from the New Testament letter of James. You can find more about James here: https://bibleproject.com/explore/video/james/
- Update on Reopening St. Andrew’s: Session has decided to reactivate the Reopening Taskforce in light of declining case numbers and initial information on the Reopening Plan of the Government of Ontario (https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario). The details of the Ontario plan are still developing, but we hope to have more specific information when the province enters Stage One of the plan on June 14. The Reopening Taskforce will meet that week and make recommendations to Session on how to proceed. Initial details will be shared at the congregational meeting following worship on June 20 (see below).
- Budget Review Meeting: At the Annual Meeting in April, it was announced that there would be a review of the 2021 church budget held in June. This budget review meeting will be held on Sunday June 20 following a Zoom Communion service. More details will be sent out the week before, but if you aren’t on St. Andrew’s mailing list write to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on how to join the Zoom meeting.