We are pleased to announce that in-person worship at St. Andrew’s resumes as of Sunday August 22 at our usual time of 10:30am.
In order to meet provincial guidelines for physical distancing we will be limiting attendance to 40 people. Those who attend will also be required to wear a mask. The full guidelines for attending in person are listed below.
Online worship will continue to be available each week, and will premiere on YouTube at 10:30am. Family Worship & Learning will also continue to be posted online Sunday mornings at 8:30am.
In-Person Worship Guidelines
Version 1 – August 10, 2021
Before You Arrive
- Everyone attending an in-person worship service is required to wear a mask and maintain 2m (6 ft.) physical distance from other people outside of their household.
- We strongly encourage everyone to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is the best way to keep yourself safe from infection or serious illness, and the best way to protect others.
- Please do not come to worship if you are feeling unwell or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days. If someone attends while in the infectious period for COVID, Session will need to shut down in-person services for 2 weeks.
- Online worship will continue to be offered each week.
- Everyone attending in person will be screened for COVID symptoms when they arrive at the church building.
- Due to provincial physical distancing requirements, the capacity for the church sanctuary is currently a maximum of 40 people. If more than 40 people wish to attend worship regularly, we will add a second in-person service.
- The windows and doors in the sanctuary will be open for ventilation.
On Sunday Morning
- Please come to the main entrance at the lower level (the new lobby). The upper doors to the sanctuary (the narthex) will be locked until the beginning of service.
- You will be screened for COVID symptoms and wash your hands with sanitizer.
- Please make your way directly to the sanctuary by the main stairs or elevator.
- A member of the Reopening Team will direct you to a seat. Offering plates will be located at the back of the sanctuary if you wish to make your offering that way. PAR, e-transfer and online giving continue to be available (https://standrews.ws/give/).
- Please remain at your seat for the duration of the service unless you need to use the washroom. Attendance and a seating plan will be kept for contact tracing.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Sunday School activities or the use of the nursery at this time. Children should stay seated with their families. There will be a Family Time during the service and independent activities from the Big God Project.
- There will be a mix of recorded and live music in the service. At this time Public Health does not encourage singing indoors.
- At the close of worship, the congregation will exit the sanctuary. Unfortunately, we are not able to have Coffee Hour at this time. If you stay for fellowship outside please continue to use appropriate precautions.
- If you feel unwell with COVID symptoms after you have attended worship please get tested (contact the church if you are unsure of how to do this). If you should test positive, please tell Public Health that you attended worship at St. Andrew’s.
These Guidelines will be reviewed weekly and adjusted based on feedback from the congregation and in response to the public health situation.
- Our hope is to remain open throughout the fall, but this will depend on how serious the 4th Wave of the pandemic becomes.
- At this time, we do not have clear guidance on what conditions might require us to close in-person services, but Session will monitor the public health situation closely and communicate regularly with the congregation.
- Let’s continue to pray for the health of our community, and do our part to prevent the spread of COVID this fall.