This Sunday November 7 we continue to worship in-person and online. Scroll down for in-person worship information.
Family Worship Video Premiers at 8:30am
Online Worship Service Premiers at 10:30am
Call to Worship – Psalm 96:1-6, 9
We Remember our Veterans
Old Testament Reading – 1 Kings 18:20-24, 36-41
Gospel Reading – Matthew 6:19-24
Elijah (Part 2): Taking a Stand
Hymn: “How Firm A Foundation” #686
We Respond to God’s Generosity
Closing Prayers & Blessing
We can safely accommodate up to 40 people in the church sanctuary at our usual time of 10:30am. Session is reviewing our COVID safety plan in light of updated public health guidelines.
In-Person Worship Guidelines:
- All persons 12 years of age and over must be fully vaccinated to attend worship. Please bring proof of vaccination the first time you come to worship and we will keep a record of your status.
- Please wear a mask and maintain 2m (6 ft.) physical distance from other people outside of your household.
- Please do not come to worship if you are feeling unwell or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days.
- For full details go to: https://standrews.ws/2021/09/26/updates-to-in-person-worship/ and https://standrews.ws/2021/08/13/in-person-worship/
- New Office Administrator: Shirl Pequegnat (pronounced ‘Peg-in-aw’) started this week in the St. Andrew’s office. Shirl also works as the part-time Office Manager for Family Church of Heritage Green and comes highly recommended. This is a new arrangement for both churches, and we’re going to see how well it works before making it permanent. Shirl will be in the church office two afternoons a week and be checking voicemail and email throughout the week. Shirl is a people person, so feel free to drop in if you’d like to introduce yourself and welcome her to the St. Andrew’s staff team.
- Sunday School Will Be Resuming on Sunday November 28! With the steady improvement of the public health situation and the low transmission rates of COVID in area schools, Session feels that it is safe to resume in-person Sunday School classes with suitable precautions. The Christian Education Team will start Sunday School classes on the first Sunday of Advent.
- Online Mission Presentation: On the afternoon of Sunday October 24, the Rev. Dr. Blair Bertrand led a Zoom discussion of his mission work with the Church of Central Africa (Presbyterian) in Malawi. Blair had lots of interesting things to share with us about Malawi, its people, and his ministry there. You can find a video recording of the mission discussion here: https://youtu.be/EPZHxTKen3c
- Potato Day: In Memory of Howard Atkin, we will be taking up a special offering for Neighbour 2 Neighbour on Sunday November 21st. If you use regular offering envelopes just write “Potato Day” on the Special Fund line. Otherwise you can simply use a guest envelope in the pews. You can also make your donation online (In the notes box you can enter, “From St. Andrew’s Ancaster” and click the “In Memory” box at the bottom of the page and write in “Howard Atkin).