St. Andrew’s continues to worship both in-person and online this Sunday, May 22nd. If you would like to join us in-person Sundays at 10:30am you can find our updated worship guidelines HERE.
Online worship is now a recording of our in-person service, which will be posted here on Sunday afternoons between 3:00 and 4:00pm. Please sure to subscribe to our new St. Andrew’s YouTube channel HERE.
6th Sunday of Easter
Call to Worship – Psalm 147:1-11
Song: “Praise to The Lord The Almighty”
Family Time: “The Holy Spirit Refines”
New Testament: Acts 17:16-34
Gospel Reading: John 16:26-7:15
Message: “The Spirit of Truth”
Song: “There is a Redeemer”
We Respond to God’s Generosity
News & Announcements:
- Bible Study – Wednesday at 7pm Starting May 25th: We will be looking at the resurrection stories from the Gospels, and exploring the question, “How do we experience Jesus today?” Week 1 will be an introduction to the subject and an exploration of the story of the empty tomb in John 20:1-18.
- “Nearly New White Elephant Sale” – June 11th, 9 am – 1pm: The Mission Team would appreciate donations of NEARLY NEW and WORKING items, dishes, kitchen utensils, vases glasses, home decor items, paintings, Knick knacks, small appliances, lamps, plant stands, sporting goods, books, purses, other items which need a new home! NO TEXTBOOKS OR CLOTHES! Questions? Please call Linda Bleue 905-521-8608 or Rev. Anne 905-627-9080. Donations can be dropped off May 24-26th 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Heritage & Memorial Sunday – Sunday June 12th: For the first time in 3 years, we will be able to gather in-person for Heritage Sunday and give thanks for those who came before us in the church cemetery. This years’ service will include a special time of remembrance for all members of our St. Andrew’s family (and extended families) who died over the course of the COVID pandemic. The challenges of the last few years made it difficult or impossible to grieve these losses together, and so we will take time on June 5th to mourn, give thanks, and celebrate the lives of these people as a community.
- Vacation Bible School – July 4th – 8th, 9 am – Noon: Once again three churches of Ancaster are gathering to create a wonderful learning environment for local children. At Knights of North Castle VBS, children will enjoy an interactive, energizing, Bible-based good time as they go on a quest in search of the King’s Armor. VBS is for children that have completed SK to grade 6. The cost is $30 per child. Join us at St. John’s Parish Hall, 37 Halson St. Ancaster on July 4 – 8 from 9:00 am -12:00 Please share with family, friends, and neighbors. We are also in need of volunteers for group leaders and assistants, to supervise the smaller groups of children on their adventure. To register, volunteer, or to find out more about VBS, go to https://2020.cokesburyvbs.com/AncasterVBS
- For more St. Andrew’s news and information sign up for our weekly newsletter from the Office of St. Andrew’s firstname.lastname@example.org.