Good Morning Everyone,
Today is Pentecost, when we celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit that was given to all Christians following Jesus’ Resurrection.
I invite you to start your time of worship this morning by reading Psalm 104:24-35 out loud.
Hymns and Songs
Father I Adore You #292
Shine Jesus Shine #376
Old Testament Reading – Jeremiah 29:4-7
New Testament Reading – Acts 2:1-21
Gospel Reading – John 20:19-23
Family Time – “The Power of the Spirit”
Message – “Peace and Power for Exiles”
Music for Reflection
“Your Name is Power” – by Rend Collective
In our prayers we ask God to empower us by his Spirit – to serve and care for our neighbours, to have courage and wisdom as we share the Good News of Jesus, and to see us through this challenging time of exile. As we do, we pray also for:
- For the turmoil happening on the streets of the United States today – for those who suffer racism and violence because of the colour of their skin; for there to be peace, but also justice; for innocent people caught up in the chaos.
- For neighbours and friends of colour here in Canada, many of whom have their own struggles with racism.
- All those who are ill with COVID-19 and their families.
- Doctors, nurses and other health care workers as they serve in hospitals, public health and long-term care settings.
- Wisdom for all levels of government as they continue to lead through this challenging situation.
- For workers in essential services who must interact with the public.
- For all who are unemployed or facing financial stress because of COVID.
- For all who are feeling most isolated – for older seniors and those living in long-term care and retirement residences.
- For children, families and teachers doing their best to teach and learn at home.
- For all the members of our St. Andrew’s Church family.
- Next Sunday June 7 will be a Home Communion service by Zoom at 10:30am. So, be sure to add grape juice and bread to your grocery list. We will also be having a Melanie Barlow from Ancaster Community Services as our mission speaker. We’ll learn more about how ACS is responding the needs created by COVID-19 and how we can help them in their service to our local community.
- If you would like to join us, please send an email to email@example.com to be added to our mailing list. An email with the Zoom meeting link will be sent on Saturday evening. If you’re not able to join us live, a recording of the service will be posted to YouTube later in the day.
If you would like a phone call in the coming week or need some assistance please send a message to the church email (see above) or call 905-648+6024. Messages are checked regularly. If you would like your name, or the name of someone you care about included in our prayers (or simply prayed for by myself or the elders) please let me know that as well.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and always. Amen.