Good Afternoon Everyone
Welcome to our Home Worship service for July 5. Today was the celebration of Communion, which we held by Zoom video conference. Due to technical difficulties, I was unable to save the recording, so this short service of readings, a sermon and prayers was recorded after the fact. Unfortunately this means there is no live music this week, but you can listen or sing along with the music below.
Hymns & Songs
You can listen to these songs to prepare yourself for worship :
Family Worship Time – “Gathered Together by Jesus”
Message – “Recognizing the Body”
In our prayers we thank God for his Spirit who enables and empowers us to be the Body of Christ together in the world. We also pray for the world and for our sisters and brothers in Christ.
- For everyone to continue act with care and for the safety of others as we head into summer vacation.
- For all those around the world and in Canada who continue to face the COVID-19 Pandemic. We pray especially for the United States and for nations who face the pandemic with fewer medical resources, such as India, much of Sub-Saharan Africa, and Brazil.
- Doctors, nurses and other health care workers as they serve in hospitals, public health and long-term care settings.
- Wisdom for all levels of government as they continue to lead through this challenging situation.
- For workers in essential services who must interact with the public.
- For all who are unemployed or facing financial stress because of COVID.
- For all who are feeling most isolated – for older seniors and those living in long-term care and retirement residences.
- For all the members of our St. Andrew’s Church family.
- Session will be meeting Tuesday July 7 at 7:00pm by Zoom. If you have any feedback or concerns you would like to pass along please call or email me by Tuesday at noon.
- Worship on July 12, July 19 and July 26. I will be on vacation from July 8 to 28. On these Sundays I encourage you to join one of our sister Presbyterian Churches in the Hamilton area for their online services. There are plenty to choose from, but here are a few suggestions:
- The next St. Andrew’s Worship Service will be on Sunday August 2 at 10:30am. This will be another Zoom Communion service, and you will receive the Zoom link and service information ahead of time.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and always. Amen.