This Sunday, November 8, was a Zoom Communion service. Below is the recorded and edited version of our live service. If you would like to join us live next Communion Sunday send a message to email@example.com to be added to our email list.
Remembrance Day Service
- Normally this week would be Remembrance Sunday, but in light of the limits of our online service, Session felt it would be more appropriate to take more time and have a separate special video service on the morning of Wednesday November 11.
- The St. Andrew’s Remembrance service will premier on YouTube at 9:45am which will allow you to join our service, and then tune in to the national service in Ottawa (on CBC) or the virtual service for the City of Hamilton (on Cable 14).
Order of Service for November 8
Family Worship Video – “God Lets Us Make Mistakes”
For more family learning resources for today go here.
Call to Worship – Psalm 138:1, 4-8 (NRSV)
Song – “This is Amazing Grace”
Old Testament – 1 Samuel 8 (NIV)
Gospel Reading – John 19:1-6, 12-16 (NIV)
Message – “Choosing Our King”
Hymn: “Be Thou My Vision” #461 vs.1,2,4&5
We Celebrate Communion
- A big thank you to all the volunteers who came out to help with the Church Yard Cleanup yesterday. A special thank you to the volunteers from the Net Youth Program of Ancaster Community Services, who gave us some extra help this year. We got lots done, and the church yard looks great.
- Textile Drive Results: The Mission Team would like to thank all who supported the Textile Drive yesterday. We loaded 170 bags (4,000 pounds) onto the truck. Thank you for caring for our environment and diverting all of this from the landfill!
- Potato Day: We’re coming up to the Sunday when we would normally hold “Potato Day” in support for Neighbour 2 Neighbour here in Hamilton. This was started by the late Howard Atkin, a beloved member of St. Andrew’s who was the last serving World War 2 veteran from our church. Session will be donating $300 from our special offering fund, and we encourage all of you to make a direct donation to Neighbour 2 Neighbour by Sunday November 15. You can make your donation online (In the notes box you can enter, “From St. Andrew’s Ancaster” and click the “In Memory” box at the bottom of the page and write in “Howard Atkin), or send a donation by mail or phone https://n2ncentre.com/contact-us/
Grace and Peace,