This Sunday, March 14th is the 4th Sunday in the season of Lent. We continue our journey with Jesus as he makes his way to Jerusalem to complete his work. This week our theme is “Jesus Gives Good Gifts”
Our Home Worship service for this week will go live on YouTube at 10:30am. The service continues to be available by telephone for those without internet access. Don’t forget to set your clocks and hour forward before you go to bed tonight!
Order of Service
Family Worship: “Jesus Gives Good Gifts” (available at 9:00am)
Home Worship Recording
Call to Worship – Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8
Hymn: “All Creatures of Our God and King #433
New Testament – Philippians 4:4-9
Gospel Reading – Luke 11:1-13
Message – “Praying With Jesus”
Song: “You Are Everything We Need”
Closing Prayer & Blessing
In our prayers please remember the following people:
- Don as he recovers from surgery.
- The family of Rev. Dr. Bob Bernhardt and Alberton Presbyterian Church. Bob passed away unexpectedly this week. In addition to serving Alberton for more than 10 years in his retirement and preaching here at St. Andrew’s during past pulpit vacancies, Bob was the long-time minister of Chalmers Presbyterian Church on the Hamilton Mountain.
- Public Health Update: St. Andrew’s will continue to worship online only for the immediate future. While we are thankful for the rising number of vaccinations, the newer COVID variants continue to make the public health situation extremely uncertain, and we could still see a third wave of the pandemic. Session will be reviewing the situation after Easter and at that time will determine when to reactivate the Reopening Team.
- Holy Week & Easter Services: While we are unable to gather in person for Holy Week, we are still going to celebrate this special time of year. Our music team has been working hard to record a number of seasonal favourites and some new special music.
- Maundy Thursday (April 1) – There will be a short (half hour) Zoom Communion service at 7:00pm
- Good Friday (April 2) – This service of dramatic readings and reflective music will premier on YouTube at 10:00am and be available thereafter.
- Easter Sunday (April 4) – We have a full range of joyful Easter music for you to enjoy as we celebrate the Good News that Jesus is risen and with us always.
- Easter Greeting Video: As we’re coming up to a second Easter worshipping together in the Spirit but apart in our homes, we encourage you to submit a short video (no more than 10-15 seconds) of you or your family saying, “Happy Easter!” If you send your video messages in by the end of the day on Sunday March 28, we will edit them together as the introduction to our Easter Sunday service. After a year, we can’t think of a better way to celebrate Easter than being able to see some of our St. Andrew’s family together. If you would like to be part of the Easter greeting video, but don’t know how to record your own, write Rev. Read a message and he can arrange a time for you to come by the church and record one. Email videos or questions to email@example.com
Grace and Peace,