This Sunday June 13, 2021. We will be starting a 4-week exploration of the Book of Revelation – a book that has often been misunderstood, but one that ultimately shares a message of hope for the whole world. This week our theme is “Jesus is Alive.”
Our Home Worship service for this week will go live on YouTube at 10:30am. The service continues to be available by telephone for those without internet access. If you know anyone who is not able to access our service online have them call the church office at 905-648-6024 to learn how to phone into the service, or write to Rev. Read at email@example.com.
We welcome members of St. Paul’s Carluke and Knox Binbrook who will be joining us this week.
Order of Service
Family Worship: “Jesus is Alive” (available at 9:00am)
Home Worship Livestream Starts at 10:30am
Call to Worship – Psalm 93
Song: “10,000 Reasons”
New Testament Reading – Revelation 1:1-20
Gospel Reading – Matthew 28:16-20
Message – “Revelation: Seeing the Full Picture”
Hymn: “Stand Up and Bless the Lord” #411
We Respond to God’s Generosity
Closing Prayers & Blessing
- Going Deeper (Study Resources): In worship this week we start to explore the Book of Revelation. Revelation is a challenging book of the Bible, but the Bible Project has some excellent resources that can help make sense of it. You can watch the first of its two part video on Revelation here https://youtu.be/5nvVVcYD-0w and review additional resources here: https://bibleproject.com/explore/video/revelation-1-11/
- Textile Recycling Drive: The start of Ontario’s reopening plan means that the St. Andrew’s Textile Drive is back on Saturday, June 26th from 9:00am to Noon. Acceptable donations include: clothes, towels, curtains, linens, bedding (NO PILLOWS or DUVETS) socks, underwear, shoes, purses and belts. Our volunteers will be following all current safety protocols. Let your neighbours know, so that we can keep these items out of landfills and do our part for God’s creation.
- Update on Reopening St. Andrew’s: Session has decided to reactivate the Reopening Taskforce in light of declining case numbers and Ontario entering stage one of reopening (https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario). The Reopening Taskforce will meet this coming week and make recommendations to Session on how to proceed. Initial details will be shared at the congregational meeting following worship on June 20 (see below).
- Zoom Communion & Budget Review Meeting (June 20): Worship on June 20 will be a Zoom Communion service followed by a congregational budget review meeting (that was announced at the Annual Meeting in April). The Zoom link will be sent out on Saturday as usual. Those who prefer to take in the service on YouTube will be able to access a recording of the Zoom service after 1:00pm on Sunday afternoon.
- If you would like the information on how to join the Zoom service live please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-648-6024.